The City of Escalante is a fourth-class component city in the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 94,070 people. It has been a consistent awardee of the Seal of Good Local Governance (formerly the Seal of Good Financial Housekeeping) since 2011 to 2015.
Escalante City envisioned as an agro-industrial and eco-tourism haven in the North with empowered and responsible citizenry living in a peaceful and ecological balanced environment with progressive and vibrant economy under a system of good governance and transformational leadership towards sustainable development.
Its mission is to efficiently and effectively deliver basic services, promote good health and safety of its people, preserve and enrich its culture, enhance people’s right to a balanced ecology, adopt appropriate and self-reliant technology, improve public morals, promote equal employment opportunities, provide efficient infrastructure for agro-tourism industry, empower women and the disadvantage groups and improve its administrative/management system.
To translate this vision and mission statement into reality, the present administration has adopted the following goals and objectives, to wit:
• Provision of basic social and healthcare services
• Rural electrification to the remote sitios
• Opening and establishing linkages to farm-to-market roads
• Growing and flourishing eco-tourism industry
• Responsive local government
• Enhancement of employment opportunities
• Sports and cultural development
• Sustainable livelihood programs & projects
• Improvement in agricultural production initiatives
• Vibrant economy
• Empowered citizenty